Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Grady! 8/17/2010

Two years ago today, out of scene from the movies, we sped down the highway at midnight on our way to the hospital.   We got there, just in time for the doc to tell me you'd be here any moment...and sorry...it's too late for any meds.  well, you sure came out with a bang, and we've been riding that roller coaster ever since!


You're spunky, silly, friendly, athletic, defiant, talkative, messy, intelligent and funny.  You're a kisser, a cuddler, a copycat, a bottomless pit, a jumper, a climber, a thrower, a screamer, a loving little brother, and the most vibrant 2 year old I know.

Sometimes I forget that you're still a little guy because you just keep up so well with the big kids.  You adore your brother and want to do everything just like him.  You always want mom at bedtime, and daddy is your hero. You crack us up with the things you say and do.  No, the couch isn't an art canvas (neither are your legs or my computer desk for that matter), and you cannot sneak marshmallows and twizzlers out of the cupboard for breakfast....but yes...your antics still make us laugh.  And who's heart wouldn't melt to hear you say "I hold you" if  they're cold? 

I can't even believe it's been two years, we're so lucky you're our little boy.

Happy 2nd Birthday, Grady.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRADY!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!

Sandy said...

Great post MIC!!