I regret not taking pictures when this little farm was just a patch of grass...but shaun has worked incredibly hard composting, tilling the land, building his fence and garden boxes, mulching the walkways and of course, planting, weeding, and watering his crops.
We're hoping to have a huge harvest this summer, but we do have some competition with a gopher who we know will be challenging us for the produce.
 |
| the whole garden, plus the farmer! |
 |
| strawberry plants |
 |
| zuchinni, summer squash, and cuke mounds |
 |
| sunflowers grown from seed |
If all goes well, we should have; corn, strawberries, cantaloupe, zuchinni, squash, cukes, carrots, lettuce and tomatoes this summer.
4 comments:
Very impressive Farmer Shaun! I recall the patch of grass. I am proud of your earthly endeavors.
Try the have-a-heart trap to catch the gopher, it works.... but relocate him many miles away so he doesn't return.... I learned that the hard way with the nasty little Portland squirrels. I planted 20 tomato plants, yikes!!!, melon and spinach, from seed, in the garage right now. Dad
Just picked up some fresh veggies from a local farm... do you know any good recipes for turnips or rutabagas??
Build a goffer bed. Basically dig a trench the size of you're garden bed, and about 1-2feet down. Then line it with Chicken Wire...
Post a Comment