Monday, September 2, 2013

A week of firsts...

School started on Aug 21.

Colton had breakfast, was dressed and ready to go at 6am.  School doesn't start until 8:20.
He was a tad excited...to see friends, to be in school, to have his own desk, to meet his new teacher, to have 3 recesses, to play on the big kids playground, to eat lunch in the cafeteria.





 photo _DSC8237_zpsd2f810d1.jpg  photo _DSC8238_zpsab24463b.jpg  photo _DSC8239_zps6fbdc2b5.jpg  photo _DSC8240_zps82e65f38.jpg  photo _DSC8242_zps6908f009.jpg

The first thing Colton said after we picked him up..."what are we doing now, can we have friends over?"  This kid breathes to be social.  He had a great first day, had lots of friends from previous years in his class, and aside from thinking his teacher is an "angry lady" because she "shushes" loudly...he likes her alright.

Grady's first of preschool started on Aug 22.

At 630 am he had eaten breakfast, was dressed, and had his backpack on.  This is UNHEARD of for him to be ready to go anywhere!  for an hour, he hovered by the front door waiting to go!  His school is 7am-1230pm,  2 days per week.  There is flexibility when we drop him off, so usually it is at 8am just before we drop off Colton to school.


 photo _DSC8266_zps449ff994.jpg  photo _DSC8267_zpsdc130802.jpg  photo _DSC8268_zps9252a76a.jpg

When I showed up to pick him up, he was being chased around the playground by a new friend.  Her name is Natalie and he asked me to invite her over for a playdate.  He was beyond exhausted from school, he could barely walk to/from the car without falling to the ground.  I've now set in a manadory "cat nap" after his preschool days otherwise he can't even function he's so tired from all the learning/play!

Both the boys had their first week of soccer practices...In short, they LOVED practicing.  Grady attacked the ball and scored the only 2 goals in their practice game.  Colton stayed back defensively and protected his goal.  He avoided clumping in with the other kids chasing the ball and stayed back to protect his goal.  He waited for it to get kicked out of the clump before going after it.  I'll try to get some pictures/videos of one of their practices...

Shaun started his first day of work at Blue Sky Aviation.  He's their operations/marketing guy...he'll have to fill you in on all his duties, but after 3 days he's happily getting more comfortable in his new role.  

Mazzy and I will have 2 days/week with just us girls when the boys are both in school.  Every tuesday I host a playgroup with a whole bunch of 2 year olds..about 10 of them.  I'm hoping to rotate locations; our home, parks, hikes, drop in classes...lots of fun and building friendships.  

Oh, one more first...colton finally (at almost 7!) lost his first tooth!  It was pretty much hanging out of his mouth for weeks, i'm thinking he was a little afraid for it to come out.  But it did, and shaun..err...the tooth fairy replaced his tooth with a 50 cent piece and 1 dollar bill.  Colton asked point blank if "dad" did it.  he knows the truth, but i think he likes the idea of the "tooth fairy" anyways so we just answered his question with more questions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! I read a story this week about the toothe fairy and I thought of Colton and wondered if he would put his tooth under his pillow for the tooth fairy. Now I know....the rest of the story.