Friday, May 18, 2012

Farmer Shaun

Photobucket
Shaun's been working hard on his mini farm again this year.
Photobucket
He's out there everyday watering, weeding, fertilizing, and battling gophers.  The kids often join him and pick around in the dirt or help dig holes.

This year, the garden's got quite the  variety of  plants including tomatoes and basil, potatoes, onions, garlic, sunchokes (a root vegetable), pumpkins, spaghetti and yellow squash, strawberries, watermelons, carrots and lettuce.


PhotobucketHe's done such an amazing job being in only his second year of horticulture.  
Photobucket
these are the onions and garlic. not sure which is which since they sort of  look the same!



Photobucket







the potatoes have be doing exceptionally well.  they are taller than maslyn!  

way to go shaun!  can't wait to harvest some crops this summer!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I got sunchokes in my farm share this week... I had never heard of them before!

Kristen said...

Love the farm, Shaun! I tried one here in NY and it's turned into a battle between me and the friggin animals. So far, they're winning.