Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Location hunting

I do not know how 2 weeks just flew by (ok....now 3 weeks by the time i'm finishing this post!!)...I guess between soccer practices/games, school drop off and pick ups, naps, cleaning up after my 3 little tornadoes, trying to build/run a photography business, entertaining my children, weekend get togethers with friends...the days/weeks just seem to zip by.  (on a terrible day however...I cannot explain to you why God decides slow time)

I do have a a few pictures to share.  Last Thursday Maslyn and I went out exploring for new locations for me to have photoshoots.  We stopped at 3 places (the old Mission/church at San Miguel, San Marcos Creek Winery, and Jack Creek Farms)  and while she may not be super smiley she was having fun but just wanted to do the exploring part...not the picture part.

After we took pictures, I spent a few days putting together my holiday photo sessions.  It was time consuming because I decided on 5 locations throughout our county so I could be close/available to clients, but then I had to look up the sunrise/sun set for each location for the best light, then I spent a while in Photoshop building the ad.  I'm excited that within 2 days of posting my ad, half of the spots were filled!

(Pardon the mostly unedited images...if i edited all my family pictures before blogging it would absolutely never get done)

San Miguel Mission
 photo sanmiguelmission_zps5c28d4e6.jpg

 photo _DSC9961_zps4a660533.jpg
 photo _DSC9972_zps3ea11dc0.jpg photo _DSC9977_zps20bc13bb.jpg
 photo _DSC9996_zps28a3df8c.jpg
she loved jumping from square to square
 photo _DSC9985_zps8cf4a3a2.jpg
I showed her how to strike a pose...she took direction pretty well
 photo _DSC0008_zpsbbf64b4f.jpg
one of our little discoveries...
 photo _DSC0026_zps6e098521.jpg
she collects things like grady
 photo _DSC0027_zps178bbbac.jpg
running down the "tunnel"

San Marcos Winery:
 photo _DSC0071_zpsc18dfc4a.jpg

 photo _DSC0082_zpse7ba4d93.jpg
she's totally into babies..carries them everywhere!
 photo _DSC0083_zpsaa648719.jpg photo _DSC0090_zpsdb55f5c0.jpg

 photo _DSC0096_zps5c5c1fad.jpg
 photo _DSC0112_zps1e2be0b5.jpg
 photo _DSC0115_zps204cc0c8.jpg
 photo _DSC0123_zps9a7f89d0.jpg

Jack Creek Farms:
 photo _DSC0124_zpsa7260f82.jpg
climbing the giant haystack
 photo _DSC0138_zpsb7ae466f.jpg
searching our way through the hay maze...it was a really long one and she had moments of quitting
 photo _DSC0148_zps1b35ce30.jpg
yay! found the exit!
 photo _DSC0160_zps95faf98e.jpg
a yogurt treat to enjoy before heading home

2 comments:

The Farrell Family said...

Wow, I love them! You are so talented and doing such a great job! I wish I lived closer so that you could do some for us!! Great work! xoxo

Sandy said...

She is growing so fast! Can't wait for Dec.! You are building a great business~ Love anything you share! Thanks~ Love and miss you guys!